Sgt. David M. Fisher a native of Watervliet was killed in Operation Iraqi Freedom on December 1, 2004. Fisher was a member of the Army National Guard's 1st Battalion, 101st Cavalry Regiment of the so-called "Rainbow Division." Losing David was a terrible tragedy which affected the entire Watervliet community. Being able to dedicate this area in the newly redeveloped Van Rensselaer Village not only honors David for his service to our country, but also ensures Watervliet residents will not forget the ultimate sacrifice David paid on our behalf. On Memorial Day, we invite the entire community to visit Van Rensselaer Village to not only see the Housing Authority’s commitment to our fellow Watervliet residents through redeveloping the apartment complex, but also to visit the Sgt. David M. Fisher Memorial. The memorial is the Housing Authority’s way of acknowledging and honoring David and his family.
December 2013 Newsletter
This month's newsletter is full of useful information regarding:
The WHA/VRV Santa Visits scheduled for December 18th.
The Nassau Band Holiday Performance at Hanratta on December 12th.
Taking care of your Christmas tree.
Safety pointers for gas heater use.
The 2014 WHA Calendar.
VRV Countertop care.
Thanks to the WHS Character Ed Club for helping fall cleanup.
And much more!
Please click HERE to view the December 2013 WHA Newsletter.
November 2013 WHA Newsletter
The 2014 WHA Calendar, request a copy today!
The Annual Inspections at Hanratta scheduled for 11/13-11/15.
The Annual WHA/VRV Santa Visits.
The NYSPHADA Scholarship for graduating High School senior's.
Our Christmas Party for the seniors at Hanratta on December 18th.
The Cohoes/Watervliet Food Pantry.
The Public Housing cuts in funding by HUD.
The Career Pathways and Dress for Success Programs.
The Equinox Thanksgiving Dinner.
And much more!
Please click HERE for the November 2013 WHA Newsletter.
October 2013 Newsletter
- The Quinn Apartments Annual Inspections October 16th - 18th.
- The Annual WHA/VRV Santa Visits.
- The WVLT Channel-17 Video Club traveled to Siena to interview men's basketball Assistant Coach Greg Manning.
- The Thanksgiving Dinner for Seniors on November 28th.
- Coats for the Community on October 19th & 20th at the United Curch of Cohoes.
- Tips for Fire and Bedbug Prevention.
Please click HERE for the October 2013 WHA Newsletter.
September 2013 Newsletter
This months newsletter is full of useful information regarding:
- The Annual Apartment Inspections at MJ Day scheduled for September 24-27th.
- Parenting and Child Safety Tips for Back to School.
- Local organizations in need of volunteers.
- The Time Warner Cable upgrades to WVLT Channel-17.
- Flu Shots at Rite Aid Pharmacy.
And much more!
Please click HERE for the September 2013 WHA Newsletter.
Page 1 of 8
How to Apply
WHA Annual Plan 2013
Each year the Watervliet Housing Authority is required to submit to the general public and then to HUD a copy of its annual plan that tell about its goals, objectives...
We have 2 guests online